Last week, I published a blog post about three proven methods to triple your Etsy sales. That blog post received so much love that I immediately shoved my ass behind my computer to start typing a new blog post.
In case you missed it: Click here to read part one of 3 proven methods to triple your Etsy sales today.
In this blog post, I have three more ways to triple your Etsy sales today!
Are you planning to open your Etsy shop? Click here to grab your 40 free listings! This will give me 40 free listings as well.
Add new listings
A great way to triple your Etsy sales is to add new listings/products. Adding new products is a great way to boost your sales. in fact, I have heard a lot of people that boosted their sales by 300% because they added new items. Here is why:
- More products mean more choices to shop. People like it to choose from a wider product range. Would you rather buy from a store that only has two products or a whole wide variety to choose from?
- It boosts your SEO. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimizing. You can optimize your shop by adding better keywords and product descriptions*, but adding more items also increases your SEO. This is because your store has more products to rank for on the search page. Also, shops with more products rank higher on Etsy.
- It shows Etsy that you are an active shop owner. If you keep adding more products on a frequent basis, it shows Etsy that your shop is active. Etsy can literally sense active stores. And even better: Etsy LOVES active stores. This means that you will also rank higher on the search page when people are looking for printable shops for example. (Pssst! Looking for printables? Why not check out my Etsy shop).
Save time by outsourcing your printed products
In my Etsy store, I now sell Printables, Mugs, and T-Shirts. Those printables are instant downloads. That means I don’t have to do anything after a customer makes a purchase. They will get a link to download the files, and that’s it. The only thing I have to do is to design the printables.
But I also sell mugs and T-Shirts, aka tangible products. Does that mean I handle all the printing, packaging and shipping myself?
I outsource this task to another company: Printful.
Printful is a print company which allows you to print your designs on Mugs, T-Shirts, Pillows, Phone Cases, and even more options. They add new options on a frequent basis.
We create your prints and get them where they have to go -Printful
So basically, you upload your designs, and Printful handles the rest. You can even decide your profit! Want to make $1 for every mug you sell? Sure. Want to make $10 for every mug you sell? Go ahead!
But Chelsea, now I have to create a separate storefront! Nope. Printful allows you to sync your products to your Etsy shop. Yes for real! How amazing is that!
You create a design, and Printful ads it to your Etsy store as a draft listing. From there, you only have to fill out the other listing details, and you are ready to publish it.
And to make things even better: Printful is completely white label.
What does that mean? It means that there won’t be a Printful logo displayed on your products. Not even on the package. You can add your own logo to your package and your products, so they remain your brand design.
Can’t wait to start right away? Click here to open your Printful shop.
This is what happens when a customer purchases a product:
Before we dive in, Let’s say a mug costs $10 in my Etsy shop, and it requires Printful $5 to print, package and ship it. This means I make $5 revenue for each mug. (Those are fictional prices I don’t actually use)
Let’s take a person named Alex for example. Alex is looking for a mug about entrepreneurship. He lands on my Etsy shop, and sees this mug:
Pssst! If you like this mug and you want to support a small business like me: You can get it here!
He decides to purchase a mug. Once he purchases a mug, I get the regular sale notification from Etsy that I just sold a mug and made $10
From there, the purchase gets synced to Printful. A few minutes after purchase, Printful automatically receives a $5 payment from your payment account you have chosen (Remember these are fictional prices to make the example easier).
And from there you are good to go. Printful will print the mug, pack it and ship it.
So basically, Printful is a passive income source with tangible products.
How to sign up for Printful
Click this link to sign up for Printful. Make sure to click my link to see the button right away. Otherwise, you have to browse the website to come to this page.
From there, click the right button that says: Connect your shop. From there, fill out all the required fields, and you are good to go. Once you created your account, Printful will give you further instructions.
Ask for reviews
Another way to triple your sales is to ask for reviews. If people are on the fence about purchasing your products, what do they mostly do? Exactly, reading your reviews.
There is a little bit of taboo when it comes to asking for reviews. Some people say it’s illegal, and some people say it’s not. Let me clarify that for you:
It is legal to:
- Include a thank you note in their package purchase to ask your customers if they are happy with your product.’’ And if they are, encourage them to leave a review. For example: Are you happy with your product?’’ Spread the world by leaving a review.
- Include a message to the buyer after the item has arrived. You can use the same message as I listed above.
It is illegal to:
- Trade products for reviews
- Only accepting returned products if they leave a 5-star review.
Those things are not kind to do, and it breaks trust immediately with your customers.
So asking for reviews is a great way to attract new customers. If they see a 5-star review, they are more likely to purchase.
Note: Make sure you are only selling high-quality products. In this way, you are guaranteed to receive a five-star review 😉
- Read part one of 3 ways to triple your Etsy sales
- Visit my Etsy shop
- Add more listings to your Etsy shop
- Click here to get 40 free listings
- Purchase the Know Your Worth mug
- Open your own store on Printful
- Ask for reviews to increase your Etsy sales
What is your favorite way to increase your Etsy sales? Let me know in the comments.
If you found this post helpful, please make sure to share it, and to pin it on Pinterest. I would really appreciate that!
Lots of love,